Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Fridge and Washer = LOVE!

 So back home in Utah I had a laundry room with a Washer and Dryer, it took 20 minutes to wash clothes and another maybe 20 mintues to dry them. I never did Laundry it was my most hatted chore! Well HELLO Germany- Here they have dryers but they are " condenser" dryers. Meaning it steams the clothes dry, after a few hours you dump the accumulated water in the sink for the next set of clothes or you hang dry them. There are Dryers that have the vent, but none of the homes are equipped to have a vent so you have to put the vent out the window when you are drying clothes.So IF your "cellar" has a window which ours does but has a screen over it- you can't do that option either.

So after looking and having 3 weeks of dirty laundry we purchased this beautiful piece of machinery:


Don't know how to work the thing because all the setting and manuals are in German so we pick a setting and push start. Maybe this weekend we'll look up the words to see what we are actually doing. But our clothes are coming out clean and smelling good so whatever setting its working. 
 
Following our beautiful Dryer came our GORGEOUS Fridge, isn't it a beauty! Its been so hard not having a fridge the last three weeks, because our Miss Kate thinks she still needs a bottle at night.

 So our new little fridge is only 60 cm wide and 190 cm tall- I know right! I sound all German with the talk of all these "cm". So in the USA we can buy "GALLONS" of milk, here you buy liters of milk so yeah Jed and I are hauling 4-5 of these little life savers for our little minions. =)
This is Jed's favorite feature. The slide out chill tray, its actually pretty awesome.You could put a deli Tray or a casserole and store it here until its ready to serve or be cooked. Jed found the perfect fridge for us.
This is the freezer- sorry its sideways.. But for the freezer there are just 3 big boxes. So you can't buy a ton of frozen food either but keeps us active right?! ..yeah ...I just keep saying that to myself. =)
Here are the kids (and random ladies that got in my picture) eating a bratwurst and loving it- I on the other hand passed, and took a picture of myself instead.
Its been such an adventure and now that we are in our apartment I have a TON of pictures to share along with stories. I will be loading up more tonight so stay tune!
P.S. I need to take a picture of me going all domestic hanging clothes, ON A CLOTHES line ...CLOTHES! I know, right?! ME?!? But I think of my mom every single time I do it, I can hear her disciplinary tone in my head: "Well don't you just wish you could do laundry like you did in the states now don't cha!! See I TOLD you, you had it easy." Mom I will say it only this once...Yes you were right I had it easy! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment